Title: City Clerk / Treasurer
Laurel was raised in Priest River and graduated from Priest River Lamanna High School in 2000. She stayed in the community after high school, started a family, and worked in the banking field for several years. She was hired as the Deputy City Clerk in August of 2005, and was sworn in as the City Clerk and Treasurer in January of 2006.
Laurel is a member of the Idaho City Clerks, Treasurers, and Finance Officers Association, and the International Institute of Municipal Clerks. She earned the title of Certified Municipal Clerk in November 2013. She resides in Priest River with her three children, and enjoys reading, cooking, camping, and spending time with her family.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The office of the Priest River City Clerk is an administrative public-service division that:
- Codifies and presents the code of city ordinances
- Maintains, updates, and bills out over 800 utility accounts monthly
- Maintains a complete and accurate record of all City Council proceedings
- Preserves and presents vital city records
- Provides prompt and courteous service to city residents, the Mayor, the City Council, and city staff
- Publishes legal and public notices
- Regulates specific business activities and animals
- Supervises and coordinates the administration of major financial services, receivables, and budgets
- Supports the legislative work of the Mayor and City Council